Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is yummy, and light. I serve it with low-fat sausages and fresh fruit.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch fresh nutmeg
- fresh lemon wedge
- sifted confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 10 inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Saute apples until softened; stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; cook until golden.
- Whisk flour, sugar, milk, eggs and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Pour over apples in skillet.
- Cook one minute.
- Place in oven and bake until puffed and golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pass lemon wedges to squeeze over top, and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Serve immediately or it loses it's "puff".
Wonderful taste.... Served it with maple syrup. Just the right sweetness for us. I used two apples and IMO one will not be enough. It did not fluff up as much as the ones you get in pancake houses. Maybe next time I will use a smaller skillet.