1/2 Photos of Apple Pudding With Vanilla Sauce
This is an old time recipe and was in my aunt's cookbook from her Church. Kathryn Esham submitted the recipe. There isn't anything like it here on RecipeZaar. My husband enjoys this. I think the sauce is almost like my grandmother's that I so loved. I hope you will try this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon . baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups apples, uncooked and diced
- 2Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together; set aside.
- 3Cream butter with lemon rind, vanilla and sugar.
- 4Beat in egg. Stir in flour mixture.
- 5Add apples. Mix just until lblended together. Turn into a greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 7Vanilla Sauce:.
- 8In a small saucepan, combine sugar with cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in the water and mix well.
- 9Over medium heat, cook and stir until it reaches medium thickness.
- 10remove from heat. Stir in butter, lemon rind and vanilla.
- 11Serve warm over the apple pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pudding With Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 449.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g