Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious and different apple treat, easy to prepare....great with whipped cream or icecream on top
- 4 sweet apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, very well softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar (or half white and half brown or more, depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-qt baking dish.
- Place sliced apples into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix butter, sugar and flour together.
- Sprinkle the butter mixture on top of the sliced apples.
- Sprinkle the lemon over the butter mixture.
- Then sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over everything.
- Bake for approx 25-30 mins, or until the top is slightly crisp.
- Spoon into serving dishes.