- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup hot apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, flour, and next 3 ingredients in a lightly greased 9- x 1 3/4-inch round cakepan.
- Stir together milk, oil, and vanilla; add to sugar mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in apple.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar. Pour hot apple cider slowly over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top. Cool slightly, and serve with ice cream.