Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
best served warm with a little ice cream or whipped cream on top....
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated apples, peeled
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 grated orange, juice and rind of
- cream 1/2-c.
- butter and 1c.
- sugar until light and fluffy.
- blend in grated apples.
- sift together dry ingredients and stir into apple mixture.
- stir in nuts and raisins.
- spread batter in a lightly greased and floured 13x9x2"pan.
- bake in a 350-f.
- oven for 40 minutes.
- combine 1-tblsp.
- butter and 1/2-c.
- sugar, orange peel and juice.
- bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- reduce temperature and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- pour over cake when it comes from the oven.
- cut into servings.
Batter was so stiff you could have made cookies with it, never mind trying to spread in pan!!!! And was dry with no water or oil - hard to mix and came out flat looking!! Will not make EVER again!!!!
Very good recipe! I added a crisp to the top and it turned out wonderful!