- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter or mrgarine with a pastry cutter until like cornmeal; set aside.
- Grease n 8x8" glass pan and slice in 6 (or less) apples.
- Spread flour mixture evenly over fruit.
- Pour water evenly over all and do not stir.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour, or until crust is browned.
- Serves 9.
- This recipe can be adapted for diabetics by replacing the sugar with artificial sweetener (i. e. Splenda).
- Note: For a 9x13" pan, make 1 1/2 times the recipe.
- Serves 12-15.
- Instead of apples, use pears, peaches, raspberries or blackberries.
- Serve with milk, cream, or ice cream and enjoy.