Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dessert is great with whip cream or ice cream!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter or mrgarine with a pastry cutter until like cornmeal; set aside.
- Grease n 8x8" glass pan and slice in 6 (or less) apples.
- Spread flour mixture evenly over fruit.
- Pour water evenly over all and do not stir.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour, or until crust is browned.
- Serves 9.
- This recipe can be adapted for diabetics by replacing the sugar with artificial sweetener (i. e. Splenda).
- Note: For a 9x13" pan, make 1 1/2 times the recipe.
- Serves 12-15.
- Instead of apples, use pears, peaches, raspberries or blackberries.
- Serve with milk, cream, or ice cream and enjoy.
Easy, delicious and wonderful!
Hello from Portugal, since I'm diabetic I decided to try this out. This was going to be "MY" treat, but ended up being everyones. Very simple to make but very good. Thanks Kathy-Lynn for sharring your receipe with us.
DH loved it! I had to change it slightly cus of what I had in. Only had 4 apples so I added some frozen blueberries to make up and instead of sugar i used splenda, just a little less than half a cup, we like things a little tart. Also had some shortening I had to use up, it worked just fine. Thanks for a very good Sunday dessert, will probably make it again.