Recipe by JoyfulCook
When our girls were young they always loved this pudding, they called it a sloppy pudding, why? because the lovely sauce in the bottom was of a sloppy texture, it has a rich apple sauce base and a lovely spounge top. easy to make and easier to eat. make plenty as everyone comes back for more
Top Review by PaulaG
A nice and quick apple dessert. I used a gluten free flour blend. It made a light sauce that was not overly sweet. The dish was served warm with vanilla ice cream. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 4 apples, green, thick slice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, white
- 2 tablespoons flour, self raising
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice apples and place in a medium ovenproof dish.
- Rub the butter in to the flour then add salt, sugar and then the water - this will look like there is too much water as the rubbed in bits actually float, dont worry this is the way it should look.
- Pour over the apples and bake in a hot oven 210c for 30 minutes. serve hot with either cream or ice cream.