Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When our girls were young they always loved this pudding, they called it a sloppy pudding, why? because the lovely sauce in the bottom was of a sloppy texture, it has a rich apple sauce base and a lovely spounge top. easy to make and easier to eat. make plenty as everyone comes back for more
- 4 apples, green, thick slice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, white
- 2 tablespoons flour, self raising
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Peel and slice apples and place in a medium ovenproof dish.
- Rub the butter in to the flour then add salt, sugar and then the water - this will look like there is too much water as the rubbed in bits actually float, dont worry this is the way it should look.
- Pour over the apples and bake in a hot oven 210c for 30 minutes. serve hot with either cream or ice cream.
A nice and quick apple dessert. I used a gluten free flour blend. It made a light sauce that was not overly sweet. The dish was served warm with vanilla ice cream. Made for Aussie Swap.
This was very easy to make and we loved how it looked. DH said he'd like it better with cinnamon, but that's just his opinion.
A nice easy apple dessert! I made using thick sliced granny smith apples which hold up well during baking and also used Splenda instead of regular sugar. We really enjoy this but both us agreed that next time I should either slice the apples thinner like for a pie or use an apple that breaks down a little more during baking, also think a smidgen of vanilla and cinnamon would be nice. Thanks for the post.
*Review update* I made this again only this time I used Gala apples and sliced them as though making a pie, also added a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and the end results were much nicer and tastier. Will be adding vanilla from here on out. Thanks again for the post.