Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 cups apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nutmeats
- Allow sugar and apples to stand until sugar is dissolved.
- Add egg and beat.
- Sift dry ingredients together and mix with apples and sugar.
- Add nut meats.
- Bake in greased 9 x 9" dish for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top pudding with whipped cream or with this apple pudding sauce recipe#43940 (You can double amount of apples to make pudding more moist.).
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! I made it with pears instead of apples and it is even better. I didn't peel the apples or the pears with no discernable difference. If I have more than 2 cups of fruit I just up the recipe quantities a little bit and it still turns out great.
Good recipe. Had this topped with ice cream, how can you go wrong with that. Made for ZWT4 for team CHIC CHEFS
For me this recipe went completely wrong. I must have messed up somewhere as others think it's a great recipe. When I mixed everything together it was way to dry, so I added another egg to make it moister. But then when I ot it out of the oven it was dry and chewy. Not exactly what I expected. I think the amount of flour is to high and that there should be added milk to it. But as other people really liked it, I may just have messed up.