Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Bon Appetit
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled,cored,diced (about 20 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prune, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, diced,room temperature
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted,chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- For filling: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix both sugars, flour, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Mix in apples, then prunes.
- Let mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer filling to prepared dish.
- Bake until beginning to bubble at edges, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping: Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add butter; using fingertips, rub in until moist clumps form.
- Rub in hazelnuts.
- Scatter topping over filling.
- Continue baking until topping is golden and juices are bubbling thickly, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
This recipe is terrific! I love the way you bake the fruit first and then add the topping and continue baking. It's great without the ice cream! I had fresh peaches, and frozen blueberries so I used those in the same proportions and it is so-o-o good. Thanks, Carole in Orlando