Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 18 mins
I dont know where I got this recipe from but the prunes make it really moist!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups peeled and shredded apples
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 ounces dried pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 cup nuts
- confectioners' sugar
- Beat sugar, eggs and oil for 2 minutes and add apples.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and beat into egg mixture.
- Stir in prunes and nuts.
- Put into a greased and floured 10 in bunt cake pan and bake at 325 for 1 hour 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool about 20 minutes and invert onto a wire rack to cool.
- before serving dust with sugar.