Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Posted by request; stir gently or the finished product may be full of tiny air bubbles.
Make and share this Apple Preserves recipe from Food.com.
- In an 8-quart pot, combine apples, apple juice, lemon juice, and butter.
- Over medium heat, bring the apple mixture to a boil; decrease heat and simmer, covered, until the apples are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the cover; add in sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring gently between each addition.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in all the pectin; return to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, 1minute.
- Remove pan from heat; skim off any foam.
- Gently stir in the nutmeg and cinnamon until combined.
- To prevent floating fruit, allow the preserves to cool 5 minutes before filling the jars.
- Gently stir the preserves to distribute the fruit.
- Ladle the preserves into hot sterilized jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- Cover hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process half-pint jars in a 200° F water bath for 10 minutes; pint jars for 15 minutes.