Posted by request; stir gently or the finished product may be full of tiny air bubbles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an 8-quart pot, combine apples, apple juice, lemon juice, and butter.
- 2Over medium heat, bring the apple mixture to a boil; decrease heat and simmer, covered, until the apples are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- 3Remove the cover; add in sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring gently between each addition.
- 4Heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 5Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in all the pectin; return to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- 7Boil, stirring constantly, 1minute.
- 8Remove pan from heat; skim off any foam.
- 9Gently stir in the nutmeg and cinnamon until combined.
- 10To prevent floating fruit, allow the preserves to cool 5 minutes before filling the jars.
- 11Gently stir the preserves to distribute the fruit.
- 12Ladle the preserves into hot sterilized jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- 13Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- 14Cover hot lids and apply screw rings.
- 15Process half-pint jars in a 200° F water bath for 10 minutes; pint jars for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (2242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 2.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 192.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 186.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g