- 4 cups granny smith apples, spples peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pie crusts (already prepared)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare bottom crust in plate. Heat oven to 425 degrees ferenheit.
- Combine filling ingredients and pour into pie shell. Dot with 2 T butter.
- Place top crust over; seal and flute edge.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside leaving oven on.
- Blend all topping ingredients and warm in saucepan on stove top.
- Pour on pie. Place on cookie sheet and bake for additional 2-4 minutes. Cool 2 hours before eating.