Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is dreamy
- 6 cortland apples, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ready-made pie crusts (9 inch)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white, beaten
- pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- combine apples and liqueur, coat well.
- add brown sugar, pecans, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss gently to fully coat.
- put one pie crust on the pie plate;spoon in apples and dot with butter and brush with egg white.
- roll remaining crust on floured surface and cut into 11-inch circle.
- cut into 1/2-inch strips and arrange in a lattice pattern.
- crimp edges to seal crusts and brush with remaining egg white.
- Bake 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350-f and bake for another 50 minutes.
- cool on a rack and serve warm.