Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Another great fall bread recipe.
Top Review by Amberlyrose
Oh Yum! This recipe made 4 mini loaves (Wilton mini loaf pan) and it was practically inhaled on Thanksgiving!.....Definitely make sure you boil the topping for the recommended time as it will be "grainy" from the sugar if you do not.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups peeled and chopped tart apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture, to creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- Stir in apples and 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans; press lightly into batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until tests done.
- May need to cover bread loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan.
- In a small saucepan, add butter and brown sugar.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 1 minute.
- Drizzle brown sugar mixture over top of bread; cool.