Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple mixture that makes the house smell wonderful.
- 1 cup dried apple, slices
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup whole allspice
- 10 cinnamon sticks, 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup berries, sumac
- 10 small pinecones
- 7 drops cinnamon oil
- Combine all ingredients and place in a tight jar or tin.
- Shake every few days.
- Cinnamon oil has an extremely strong scent that intensifies as it is absorbed. Add additional oil if needed.
LM - what a pleasant smelling potpourri to have available in the house. I made two batches of this and placed it in my guest bath and the other in the foyer. I had to use some cedar berries as I could not find sumac but with this any type of item could work. It makes for a pretty little arrangement in a dish for any room. Thanks for sharing. Made for the Let's PARTY event 2010.
Very easy to make and has a nice cinnamon scent. I could not find the sumac berries. Made for Photo Tag Jan 2009