This recipe hails from Alberta, Canada.
Make and share this Apple Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the flour and salt; cut in the shortening.
- Add enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough out thinly - like noodle dough; cut into 2-inch squares.
- Arrange alternate layers of apples and dough in a heavy-gauge pot, sprinkling each layer of apples generously with sugar to sweeten and cinnamon.
- Adjust the amount of sugar you use according to the tartness of the apples.
- Dot the top layer of pastry squares with butter.
- Pour in the boiling water and cover the pot.
- Cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Serve hot or cold with cream.
- Makes 6 servings.
Shirl,I liked your apple potpie.I never have made a recipe like it,on top of the stove,an not in the oven.I did-however have to cook it longer for the dough to cook.I put cream on top as you said.Thanks.