Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great breakfast treat.
Make and share this Apple Popover recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large 9- or 10- inch heavy nonstick ovenproof skillet melt 2 tbs butter.
- Add the sliced apples, sugar, and cinnamon and sautéed the apples until tender.
- Place eggs, milk, 2 tbs butter, vanilla, flour, salt and 2 tbs sugar in a large bowl, and mix well. Once the batter is completely smooth, pour over the apples in the skillet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the popover is puffed and golden brown
- Do not open the oven door until the end of the baking time or it may collapse.
- Serve immediately with a dusting of icing sugar and softly whipped cream.