1/1 Photo of Apple, Pomegranate and Wheat Berry Salad
1 hr 15 mins
The pomegranate and mint give this healthy salad a festive look. Cook time does not include the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 cups water
- 1 large apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, sliced into ribbons
- 1/3-1/2 cup orange juice, juice of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Sort through wheat berries carefully, discarding any stones. Rinse well under cool running water.
- 2Place in a large heavy saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently for 1 hour. Drain and rinse.
- 3Whisk together the orange juice, oil, honey, grated orange rind, salt and pepper.
- 4Toss together wheat berries, chopped apple, pomegranate seeds, mint and dressing.
- 5Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- 6Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Pomegranate and Wheat Berry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: