Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love apple desserts, especially in the fall. Serve this with icecream and family and friends.
Make and share this Apple Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Defrost puff pastry sheet.
- Cover the sheet with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- Mix cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add apples and stir to coat with sugar and spice mixture.
- Cut pastry into 8 squares.
- Place apples in 4 of pastry squares.
- Dot apples with melted butter.
- Place remaining pastry squares on top of apples and press edges together to seal with a fork.
- May use water to seal edges.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten eggs with a pastry brush.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This is just a "twist" to the traditional Apple Dumpling. A Fantastic dessert !!!!!! I love Puff Pastry too!!!!
Extremely easy, but I found the apple-flavoring a bit bland for my tastes. Also, I ended up with almost half of the sliced apple left, after packing the pastries as full as I could.