Recipe by cookingpompom
Pork chops poached in apple juice. The juice makes a rich apple sauce - really delicious (even my picky 3 year old likes it)
Top Review by Buzymomof3
Great cooking method, the chops were nice and moist, but the sauce was lacking something. I put some cinnamon sugar on mine, my daughter added cumin. Both had potential. Super easy to make though! Thanks CookingPomPom! Made for PAC Spring 2011
- 4 pork chops (loin work best, fat rind removed)
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (corn starch)
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep fry pan (I use non-stick) sear/brown the pork chops. This step keeps the chops from drying out and adds a lot of flavor to the final sauce.
- Add in the apple juice.
- Cook on a medium high heat for around 6 minutes each side (this depends on thte thickness of your pork).
- Once cooked remove thge pork chops
- Mix the flour and water together and add to the remaining juice.
- Once thickened serve with the pork chops.