Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
My teeth are super sensitive, just the thought of eating apples makes me cringe... This recipe that I literally just threw together makes eating apples a little better on my teeth... Oh, and It tastes AMAZING!!!
- 1 pita bread, warmed (whole wheat)
- peanut butter, enough to cover the pita bread
- 1 pinch flax seed meal
- granola cereal
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced thin and cubed
- Heat the pita.
- Cover it in peanut butter.
- Sprinkle the flaxseed meal and granola on top.
- Spread the apples in the middle.
- Fold up the sides and enjoy!
Pretty healthy & tasty breakfast pitawich. Perhaps because I used natural peanut butter, I found this could have used an extra touch of sweetness, like a few raisins or a drizzle of agave nectar maybe. The granola, flax and unsweetened p.b. kind of overpowered the sweetness of the apple for me. Still, I really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting!
The kids loved it, but we eat apples & pb alot for a snack. Great incorporation of flaxseed meal into our diets. Incidentally, equally yummy with sliced bananas in lieu of the apples.