Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups chopped unpeeled red apples
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain pineapple juice into a saucepan.
- Add margarine and lemon juice; cook over medium heat until margarine is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juice mixture.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add sugar.
- Cool to room temperature; about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, grapes and poppy seeds.
- Add the dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving; gently toss in pecans.
This is just wonderful. Loved the flavor combination. I didn't have any grapes so skipped those. I didn't use any butter in my dish and didn't miss one bit. Also subbed walnuts for pecans. This is one I WILL be making again. Thanks for posting.
This salad is heavenly. I have made it many times for church potluck meals and never come home with leftovers. I also found this in TOH Cookbook. The only thing I changed was using toasted almonds instead of the pecans just as a personal preference.