Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Apples and sharp cheese go so well together! It really is worth the time to toast the almonds, but still good even if you don't have time to toast them.
- 3 medium tart apples, unpeeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, well drained
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaf
- Toss the diced apple with the 2 tbsp lemon juice and them place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped red onion, sliced celery, well-drained pineapple chunks, diced cheese and toasted almonds to the mixing bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the sour cream and mayonnaise (start with just 1/4 cup of mayo).
- Add sour cream/mayo mixture to the salad and toss to evenly coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and, if necessary, more mayonnaise.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
I love apple, pineapple and the cheese included in this salad. Its taste is delicious with all these good ingredients. It is another version for Waldorf salad which is one of my favorites. I only left out the red onions this time. Thanks for posting this good recipe, Parsley.