These are 12 perfectly-sized little apple pies made in a muffin pan! These are quite the most elegant thing to serve on good china for a ladies tea party.
- Bring all ingredients to the boil, reduce heat and simmer til cooked.
- Cool and refrigerate til needed.
- Shortcrust pastry:.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Beat eggs and vanilla and add to the butter mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix into butter until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough out thinly and cut out 12 x 6 inch rounds to line muffin pan.
- Spoon equal amounts of apple filling into dough rounds.
- Grate remaining dough on top of apple mixture and bake at 350F for 25mins.
- Switch off stove and leave tartlets in for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and leave to cool until cold IN THE PAN before removing.
- Dredge with icing sugar and serve with cream if so desired.