Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are 12 perfectly-sized little apple pies made in a muffin pan! These are quite the most elegant thing to serve on good china for a ladies tea party.
- Bring all ingredients to the boil, reduce heat and simmer til cooked.
- Cool and refrigerate til needed.
- Shortcrust pastry:.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Beat eggs and vanilla and add to the butter mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix into butter until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough out thinly and cut out 12 x 6 inch rounds to line muffin pan.
- Spoon equal amounts of apple filling into dough rounds.
- Grate remaining dough on top of apple mixture and bake at 350F for 25mins.
- Switch off stove and leave tartlets in for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and leave to cool until cold IN THE PAN before removing.
- Dredge with icing sugar and serve with cream if so desired.
Delicious, simply delicious tarts, beautiful presentation and easy to make. They turned out perfectly. They were flavourful and tender, just wonderful. I used my own warm spice mix and golden raisins and tart apples. I will definitely make these again, next time I will double the recipe. Perfect for company, very elegant.
Superb! I love recipes like this - I often make my pommes Dauphinoise in muffin tins!! These were made for Easter Day teatime, and they went down very well with family and friends. I used my own Apple Pie sugar and spice mixture for these little pies....we ate them warm with creme fraiche. Thanks for posting this simple and delightful recipe! FT:-)
I cannot give it any stars because I did not follow the recipe exactly. I love the idea of little pies though. I cheated and used frozen puff pastry sheets. I used one sheet and cut into 12 pieces, then rolled thinner to fit the muffin tin. I also made my own crumb topping with 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup room temp butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon & nutmeg. Thank you for a great idea.