1/1 Photo of Apple Pies Made in a Muffin Pan
Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
These are 12 perfectly-sized little apple pies made in a muffin pan! These are quite the most elegant thing to serve on good china for a ladies tea party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (250 ml) apples, cored, peeled and finely chopped
- 125 ml raisins
- 50 ml sugar
- 250 ml water
- 5 ml cinnamon
- 2Bring all ingredients to the boil, reduce heat and simmer til cooked.
- 3Cool and refrigerate til needed.
- 4Shortcrust pastry:.
- 5Cream butter and sugar well.
- 6Beat eggs and vanilla and add to the butter mixing well.
- 7Sift dry ingredients and mix into butter until soft dough forms.
- 8Roll dough out thinly and cut out 12 x 6 inch rounds to line muffin pan.
- 9Spoon equal amounts of apple filling into dough rounds.
- 10Grate remaining dough on top of apple mixture and bake at 350F for 25mins.
- 11Switch off stove and leave tartlets in for a further 5 minutes.
- 12Remove from stove and leave to cool until cold IN THE PAN before removing.
- 13Dredge with icing sugar and serve with cream if so desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pies Made in a Muffin Pan
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 237.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g