I found this recipe in my mothers' old cook book and it is really great. It is easy to make but the results are wonderful. The cream is lightly baked and it melts in your mouth while apples are juicy and firm.
- Mix butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in part of flour and all wine and then fold in the rest of the flour. Cover the mixture and place it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Peel the apples, slice them on halves and clean out the seeds. Slightly cut the halves on top and pour the lemon juice over them.
- Grease the model for pies with additional butter and heath the oven on 420 degrees.
- Roll the pastry and line the model with it. Make sure that the edge is 3 cm high. Fill it with apple halves and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place eggs sugar and vanilla into a bowl and beat until it is fluffy. Fold in lemon zest and cream. Place the mixture over apples and bake for another 10 minutes.
- When the pie is baked place it onto a wire rack to cool.