1 hr 15 mins
Given that this is an old recipe that has been a ribbon winner and a proven winner with our family, I decided to share it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixing bowl, combine cream, tapioca, sugar, spices and lemon juice.
- 2Add sliced apples to mixture in bowl; toss lightly to evenly coat slices.
- 3Roll out pastry. Line pie pan.
- 4Spoon half the apples into crust; fill around edges and pack well. Dot with butter and add remaining apples.
- 5Add top crust and flute adges. Brush top lightly with milk. Score the top.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Winner
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 153.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 47.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g