Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, healthy drink, with a taste of apple pie.
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 banana
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Put all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and enjoy.
Since I'm not usually big on using ice cubes in smoothies, I did leave them out, but did use a couple of frozen bananas for the frosty chill that we enjoy! The banana/apple combo made for a great smoothie! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]
I made this for my family and while it was good they just couldn't get used to the consistency. The flavor is just like an apple pie, really good. Thank you for sharing with us.
Pretty good way to start the day! I did skip the sugar and I didn't miss it. I did use an apple in place of the juice keeping the sugar down yet. This makes a very large smoothie enough for two. I topped with ground cardamom. Thanks.