Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The taste of all the pie, without the crust!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 cup applesauce, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice, chilled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 3 cups crushed ice
- apple, wedges
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and serve.
- Garnish with apple wedges, if desired.
I made only one quarter of this recipe, just for me. I used unsweetened evaportated milk, and added a tablespoon of sugar. When I tasted it, it seemed quite bland, and not apple-y at all. I then added three times as much applesauce, a spoonful of apple butter, upped the spices, and added a shot of vanilla. I really, really liked the idea of this recipe and when I was done fiddling, I liked the drink too. I think I will make my version of it often. Thanks, Sue.