Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
2 desserts combined to 1. Preparation time includes crust preparation.
- 1 9 inch ready-made pie crust
- 2 medium gala apples
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups of sliced bread, diced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cover pie crust with aluminum foil and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook additional 3 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, applesauce, yogurt, sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oats and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Peel, core and slice aplles.
- Add in bread and apples and mix.
- Set aside.
- In a different mixing bowl, mix 1/4 cup brown sugar and flour together.
- Cut in butter and mix well until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour apple mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with flour mixture.
- Cover edge of pie crust with a foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until goden.