Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe came from Better Homes Cookbook, it is yummy on a winter morning.
- 1 (1 ounce) packageplain quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Open the oatmeal package ( one envelope of instant oatmeal) and place in your microwave safe bowl.
- Pour the water over the oats and stir once.
- Place in microwave of full power for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Use your hot pad and remove onto your placemat at the table.
- Stir until nicely mixed and add applesauce and spice.
- Stir again until mixed.
- Place on a teaspoon brown sugar, and some cold milk over top, and enjoy.
This was very good. Made a double batch. At first it was not sweet enough, so I added brown sugar until it was the sweetness that I wanted. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
good but it seemed to be missing something
Oatmeal is a favorite breakfast in my house. I really enjoyed the addition of the applesauce. Not having apple pie spice, I used Baking Spice Blend Mix. The recipe is well written and easy to follow.