Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nope, it's not quite the same as a warm slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream. But if you're craving apple pie and saying "I hate this $%*ing diet", here's a tasty way to satisfy that craving but also get plenty of nutrients and antioxidants! I used some premade gifted apple pie spice, but this looks like a good homemade one-- Apple Pie Spice Feel free to use whatever kind of apples you like, or a mix.
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey (approx)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 gala apples, chopped into pieces
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- Put the yogurt into the bowl followed by the honey and apple pie spice.
- Add the chopped apple and oats, and mix together well.
- Serve or refridgerate though I think it's best when the oats are still crunchy.
Pretty healthy yummy breakfast. I don't do oats because of their similarity to gluten so I used puffed quinoa I had on hand which worked pretty good. I used Balkan yogurt, a bit more liquid honey, recipe#38766 omitting the nutmeg because we do not consume intoxicants, & gala apples peel left on.
YUM, YUM, YUM!!!! This is amazingly delicious and sooo great for breakkie! It kept me going for hours and I felt so good for having had such a tasty yet healthy start to the day! :)
I used one small apple and that was quite a lot compared to the yogurt, but I really liked it that way. The apple pie spice adds a lovely flavour and the oats a great crunch. Mmm!
I did not use the honey and found the parfait to be sweet enough like that.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner here with us!