Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Apple pie for breakfast anyone. You can use low fat ingredients to make this have a healthier punch
Make and share this Apple Pie Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, combine maple syrup and apples.
- Simmer over medium low heat while preparing pancakes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine pankake mix and water.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup as a guide, pour batter onto a hot griddle or skillet sprayed with cooking spray (butter is my favorite) Lightly brown on both sides.
- For each serving, place 2 pancakes on a plate and spoon about 1/3 cup syrup mix over top.
I made these for kids this morning, they loved the change. I used peeled spartan apples. left out the bacon bits though, and replaced'em with sun-dried tomatoes. Quite good.
These were great - i put diced, stewed apple in these so they were rustic and chunky but yummy !!