Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the October 2005 issue of Nick Jr. magazine.
Make and share this Apple Pie Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel apples and cut each into 8 sections and then cut each section into bite-sized pieces. Toss apples with lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch oven proof skillet over medium heat. Transfer 2 T of butter into a cup and set aside. To remaining butter in skillet, add apples, brown sugar, confectioners’ sugar, and cinnamon. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender but still hold their shape, about 6 minutes. Spread apples evenly in skillet. Remove from heat.
- Prepare batter: Place milk in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds to warm. Put eggs, milk, remaining butter, and salt into a blender. Blend briefly to mix. Add flour and blend until incorporated.
- Pour batter into skillet and place in oven. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until pancake is puffed and golden brown.
- Place on a trivet and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut pancake into four wedges and serve topped with vanilla yogurt if desired.
- Substitute 2 pears for the apples and 1/4 t ground ginger for the cinnamon.
- Add 1/3 C dried cranberries to the apple mixture in step 3.
- Omit apples. Slice 1 banana and sauté with 1 t cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg for 1 minute before adding batter to pan.
- Substitute 2 large peaches for the apples. Omit cinnamon and cook as directed. Serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.
- Omit apples and cinnamon. Melt butter in skillet, add all of the butter and sugars to blender when making batter, pour into the skillet, and sprinkle on 1 C fresh blueberries.