From the October 2005 issue of Nick Jr. magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Peel apples and cut each into 8 sections and then cut each section into bite-sized pieces. Toss apples with lemon juice in a large bowl.
- 2Melt butter in a 10-inch oven proof skillet over medium heat. Transfer 2 T of butter into a cup and set aside. To remaining butter in skillet, add apples, brown sugar, confectioners’ sugar, and cinnamon. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender but still hold their shape, about 6 minutes. Spread apples evenly in skillet. Remove from heat.
- 3Prepare batter: Place milk in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds to warm. Put eggs, milk, remaining butter, and salt into a blender. Blend briefly to mix. Add flour and blend until incorporated.
- 4Pour batter into skillet and place in oven. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until pancake is puffed and golden brown.
- 5Place on a trivet and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut pancake into four wedges and serve topped with vanilla yogurt if desired.
- 7Substitute 2 pears for the apples and 1/4 t ground ginger for the cinnamon.
- 8Add 1/3 C dried cranberries to the apple mixture in step 3.
- 9Omit apples. Slice 1 banana and sauté with 1 t cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg for 1 minute before adding batter to pan.
- 10Substitute 2 large peaches for the apples. Omit cinnamon and cook as directed. Serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.
- 11Omit apples and cinnamon. Melt butter in skillet, add all of the butter and sugars to blender when making batter, pour into the skillet, and sprinkle on 1 C fresh blueberries.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 193.4 mg
- Sodium 191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g