This recipe was featured in an email that I received this morning from Splenda: "Start your day with a bowl of steaming oatmeal. It is even better topped with toasted nuts, fruits, milk or cream, and do not forget to sweeten."
- Stovetop Directions: Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in oats and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Microwave Directions: Combine water, oats, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap; fold back a small edge to allow steam to escape. Microwave on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 minutes; stir well.
- Top oatmeal with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, chopped apple and spice.
- Note: Serving Size: 1 recipe.
- For a creamier oatmeal, substitute skim milk for water; proceed as directed.
Your Pictures Are So GREAT ! I Love 'Em !
I'm not a 'breakfast' eater, so this was the perfect lunch fix for a snowy day. I microwaved it (be careful...it can boil over if your bowl isn't big enough) and did add milk. I'll certainly be making this again and again. Made for the "Let's Party" 2010 Event
I knew I'd enjoy this, but I was surprised at how much I LOVED it! I used real brown sugar, half of a red delicious apple, and a sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg. The kids also enjoyed it. It was perfect after a cold, damp morning walk. Thanks!