Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email that I received this morning from Splenda: "Start your day with a bowl of steaming oatmeal. It is even better topped with toasted nuts, fruits, milk or cream, and do not forget to sweeten."
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml old fashioned oats
- 0.25 ml salt (optional)
Apple Pie Topping
- 9.85 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 14.79 ml apple, chopped
- 0.25 ml apple pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Stovetop Directions: Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in oats and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Microwave Directions: Combine water, oats, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap; fold back a small edge to allow steam to escape. Microwave on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 minutes; stir well.
- Top oatmeal with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, chopped apple and spice.
- Note: Serving Size: 1 recipe.
- For a creamier oatmeal, substitute skim milk for water; proceed as directed.