Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We had a major snowstorm here this morning and I knew that this would be a perfect opportunity for me to make something great for breakfast. I had a few things that I wanted to use in the pantry and wahla! Apple Pie Oatmeal..., note this would be great with cherry too... UPDATE: After seeing the review, I realized I forgot to note that I had used Old fashioned toasted oats, not quick oats....I have adjusted for quick oats.
- Mix water and milk in large saucepan until boiling.
- Add oats and stir on medium until thick.
- In another bowl, mix brown sugar, vanilla, sugar.
- Add pie filling and stir until well mixed.
- Add filling mixture to oats and stir occasionally until heated through.
- Serve warm with or without milk.