1/6 Photos of Apple Pie Nachos
I took one look at the RSC ingredients and saw a homemade classic...but I didn't want the same old, same old. This dessert is fairly easy to put together and after little more than 30 minutes, you've got delicious warm apples with crispy cinnamon crunch, all topped with cool whipped cream and a bit of crunch to boot! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Apple Pie Mix
- 2 baking apples, diced into 1/2 inch pieces (I used braeburn)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- 1Heat oil until it "speaks" when you sprinkle water into it. Cut each tortilla in half, then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- 2Mix cinnamon and sugar in a shallow dish with another paper towel lined dish right next to it.
- 3Put 2-4 tortilla wedges into the hot oil and cook until light brown on each side, flipping only once (this should take about 1 minute). Remove immediately from oil one by one and completely cover in cinnamon sugar mixture on both sides before placing on towel lined dish to cool and drain.
- 4When finished with crispas, toss together diced apples and lemon juice.
- 5Put apples, lemon juice and amaretto into a medium-sized skillet and cook over medium heat until apples just start to get tender and barely break down.
- 6Add brown sugar and stir well until evenly distributed. Remove pan from heat.
- 7Beat heavy whipping cream (works best in a chilled bowl) just until stiff.
- 8Gradually add sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 9On a plate or platter, set out each crispa individually. Top with a teaspoon or more of apple mixture, then a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3081.6
- Calories from Fat 2498
- Total Fat 277.6 g
- Saturated Fat 57.8 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 498.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 105.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: