Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe I have never made but my Mom swears by it. She says that it looks and tastes just like apple pie!! I went through all of the recipes she gave me (took 45 minutes to find it) just so I could post this. I hope she was right!! ;-} I listed everything exactly as it is written on the index card.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (recipe says dash of)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (oleo or butter)
- 14 soda crackers
- 2 pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Boil everything together except crackers until butter melts.
- Break crackers into 1/4 pieces.
- Put into crust.
- Pour boiling mixture over crackers.
- Put top crust on and bake immediatly for 15 minutes in 450 degree oven.