Recipe by Nursebarb
I got this out of a Parents Magazine years ago. It it wonderful - the recipe says it tastes like Apple Pie, but I am not an apple pie lover and LOVE this ice cream. Prep time does not include chilling or freezing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 beaten eggs
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine sugar and flour.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into eggs.
- Return egg mixture to saucepan.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes or more.
- Cover and chill.
- Stir in whipping cream, pie filling, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Freeze ina 4- or 5-quart ice-cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.