Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
I looked for this recipe and couldn't find it here on Zaar, it's one of our new favorites. DH likes it with the cinnamon candies, I prefer to leave them out and use a dash of cinnamon after I cook the apples the first time. The boys LOVE this, it's quick and easy and really feels like a treat! You can use granny smiths, though you may need to add a sprinkle of brown sugar. We like to use Fuji apples, sweet enough on their own and don't cook to mush. You can also substitute 1 chopped caramel candy for the cinnamon candies for a caramel apple pie.
- 2 apples, your favorite for baking with
- 4 graham crackers
- 12 red cinnamon candies (optional)
- 2 small slice sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- whipped cream, frozen whipped topping, frozen yogurt or ice cream
- cinnamon, for dusting
- Cube apples and place in 2 microwaveable mugs.
- Add 6 cinnamon candies to each mug, if desired.
- Microwave each mug of apples for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir to combine, cook for another 2 minutes each to fully soften and cook the apples.
- Add 2 crushed crackers for each mug (we like to stir the first one into the full mug of apples, the second one into the top layer).
- Top each serving with a wedge of cheese, if desired.
- Add your choice of whipped cream, frozen whipped topping, frozen yogurt, or ice cream, dust with cinnamon, and serve.