1/4 Photos of Apple Pie In a Jar
This is from the Rinn UMC cookbook from a dear lady my family knew well. She was a good scandinavian who loved to cook and feed people. I love this recipe and have a few jars in my pantry all the time. Great for last minute desserts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice apples.
- 2Fill quart jars with apples leaving 1 inch head space.
- 3Be sure to pack the apples in there, put a few in and smosh down with the handle of a wooden spoon, then a few more and repeat.
- 4Make syrup by combining sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water.
- 5Cook until thick.
- 6Add lemon juice.
- 7Pour syrup over apples in jar, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 8Be sure to run your plastic spatula around the inside of the jar to get the air bubbles out.
- 9Place the lids on and screw the rings down just finger tight.
- 10Process 20 minutes in hot water bath.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie In a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (6950 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 215.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 180.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g