- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened apple butter (I used Zapple Butter)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (ideally grade B)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup diced dried apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment or SilPat.
- In a bowl, toss together the oats, wheat germ and spices.
- Add the apple butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt, stirring well to evenly coat everything.
- Spread in one even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then stir to break apart and bake a further 20-25 minutes until well browned and firm.
- Cool 10 minutes then fold in the dried apples and cool completely on the tray.