Recipe by Legna
This is for babies 6 months and up. My daughter loved this. The recipe calls for an egg yolk, however, babies can not have yolk, so you can substitute powdered rice or oatmeal cereal, add 1 tsp at a time until it is a consistancy you like. This freezes well. After it cools, I put it in an ice cube tray & freeze.
- 3 cooking apples
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water or 1 teaspoon apple juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and dice the apples into small pieces.
- Pour the lemon juice and water/juice in a small sauce pan.
- Add apples to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Puree in blender.
- Beat in egg/cereal and sugar until smooth.
- Pour in a small custard dish.
- Bake 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes.