My children's school used this recipe as a fundraiser at Thanksgiving. It went over really well! The recipe is from a friend's 4H cookbook. I used it to make apple crisp. Easy and yummy! Can be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine sugar (IF THE APPLES ARE QUITE SWEET, USE ONLY THE 4 CUPS OF SUGAR), cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt with *5 cups* of water.
- 2Mix well over low heat until all is dissolved.
- 3Slowly add the remaining water.
- 4Cook stirring often until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- 5Add lemon juice.
- 6Peel and cut fresh apples into small wedges and fill quart jars.
- 7Pour prepared sugar mixture over the apples and seal.
- 8Boil 20 minutes in a hot water bath.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie (Filling) in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (6891 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 346.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 202.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 166.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g