This is an easy and tasty dessert. Recipe is from Taste of the South.
Make and share this Apple Pie Filling Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon apple pie filling into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Spread dry cake mix over brown sugar and apples.
- Do not stir.
- Sprinkle cubed butter over cake mix.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecans.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Since I'm a fan of apple pie, this recipe caught my eye & I just had to try it! Glad I did, too, 'cause this GREAT TASTING CAKE is very easy to make! Will admit, though, that for the season I threw in a half cup of dried cranberries so I could claim to have an apple/cranberry pie filling cake! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday]