Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy and tasty dessert. Recipe is from Taste of the South.
Make and share this Apple Pie Filling Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon apple pie filling into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Spread dry cake mix over brown sugar and apples.
- Do not stir.
- Sprinkle cubed butter over cake mix.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecans.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Since I'm a fan of apple pie, this recipe caught my eye & I just had to try it! Glad I did, too, 'cause this GREAT TASTING CAKE is very easy to make! Will admit, though, that for the season I threw in a half cup of dried cranberries so I could claim to have an apple/cranberry pie filling cake! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday]