Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes and it is so easy to make. I use the apples off my own trees and the skins are so tender that I never have to peel. This is so nice to have on hand especially if unexpected company shows, you can whip up an apple crisp in no time.
- 18 cups sliced sliced peeled cored baking apples
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 cups water
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Add water; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add apples; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apples are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place in sterilized jars and seal.
Oh my, this was so good and very easy to make! I used pears because the apples were not ready on the tree and the galahs, parrots, rosellas and magpies were all fighting for the pears. The recipe was so simple to put together and the instructions were so easy to follow. I think I will be using this recipe again with the apples. I changed to serving size to make four cups of fruit and I ended up with two large jars and enough for Fruit Filled Won Tons Ala Mode . Thank you Saudie
I used this recipe and substituted fuji apples. It was wonderful. Try it with crepes as a great filling!!!