This is one of my favorite recipes and it is so easy to make. I use the apples off my own trees and the skins are so tender that I never have to peel. This is so nice to have on hand especially if unexpected company shows, you can whip up an apple crisp in no time.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Add water; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add apples; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apples are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place in sterilized jars and seal.