Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mrs Murray's Foods Class 2004 Use single-crust pastry recipe or other prepared unbaked pie crust.
- 6 apples, sliced and peeled (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Prepare apples and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix together rest of the ingredients and gently toss until coated.
- Transfer apple mixture to prepared pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-flour mixture.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes (until apples are soft and top is browned). (Time is estimate).
I used xxSallyxx's version. I used 3 apples (needed one can of filling), which I added to boiling apple cider, sugar (half brown), cornstarch, salt and cinnamon). Yummy!
Wasn't quite sure how to rate this as I changed some things to use it for what I needed but it turned out and worked so well! I needed a can of apple pie filling for Apple Spiced Sweet Potatoes "#68170". Didn't have any and out of time to get some. Combined this recipe with another and the result was super. Instead of flour used Cornstarch. Added 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 1/3 Cup of Apple Cider. Mix Sugar Cornstarch, Cinnamon, Nutmeg. Add Salt Juice Boil Till Thick and Bubbly. Add Apples. Perfect! Thanks for the easy base recipe and now I have two new recipes!