Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a simple yet delicious dessert that is wonderful served warm with ice cream, This can also be baked in a 9-inch square baking dish instead of the pie plate, throw in some raisins also ;-)
- 6 baking apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced, Granny Smith apples are good to use)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (or use 1 cup white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter (cut into small pieces)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Mound the apple slices in the pie plate, then sprinkle the orange juice over the apples.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, both sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add in cold butter cubes and mix together using your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Scatter the mixture over the apples.
- Place the pie plate onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender but not too soft.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.